I have had the fortune and honor to have been nominated twice in the last week for the One Lovely Blog Award. I really can’t express how cool it is to be a part of such an awesome blogging community and every day I discover new blogs that I just can’t get enough of. A HUGE thank you to Valid Vegan and Lindsay is Vegan for the nominations!
Here are the rules:
•Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
•Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
•Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
•Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
•Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
•Resume blogging your regular posts.
For the sake of time on your behalf for reading, I will treat this as one nomination and only tell you 7 mundane things about myself and only nominate 15 other blogs. Gotta save up for other awards, right?🙂
So, 7 facts about me that I didn’t share on my last award:
1) I still love the band Linkin Park even though they are considered a bit, oh, whiny by some. I will absolutely be getting their new album today.
2) The sound level on anything I’m listening to (TV, stereo, MP3 player) has to be set on an even number or a multiple of 5. So 15 is okay, but not 17. I have been like that for as long as I can remember.
3) I love to read and even though my bookshelves are literally overflowing I won’t get an e-reader. I just don’t like the idea of reading from something other than a physical book.
4) I have an intense fear of clowns and spiders, no doubt aided by watching Stephen King’s IT as a young child. Thanks, Mom, for allowing your young child to watch a clearly adults-only movie!
5) I went to see The Lord of the Rings in theaters 6 times including twice by myself because I loved it so much.
6) I don’t walk in my bare feet at home. I have to have socks or slippers on.
7) We name our cats after unique character names or mythological figures. Our female kitty is Yvaine from Neil Gaiman’s Stardust and our boy is named Loki. And we named him that before the movie Thor made it popular; however he does live up to his mischievous namesake.
And now for my nominations in no particular order:
1) *Vegan Sparkles* I love this blog not only for her awesome recipes, but also as a testament to how cool it is to commune with someone a half a world away (She’s in Australia, I’m in Colorado, USA).
2) Jason and the Veganauts-You might know this blog better as Watch Me Lose 150 Pounds; Jason recently underwent a major ego trip and decided he needed his name in his blog. Despite that, I still love reading about his vegan adventures and his weight-loss journey.
3) Veganmonologue-Simple, homemade recipes that aren’t intimidating and use easily accessible ingredients. This is how you do vegan on a budget!
4) Veggie What Now?-A recent post about making slow cooker mac and cheese had me hooked!
5) My Beauty Bunny-These gals know so much more about makeup than I could ever hope to and they also host some amazing giveaways. Oh, and in case you didn’t know, they only review cruelty-free products. Win!
6) JL Goes Vegan-the vegan adventures of JL are a lovely read. There was a great discussion about ‘How Vegan Are You’ on her blog that gave a lot of insight into how dedicated (or not) some are to the idea of cruelty-free vegan living.
7) Epicurean Vegan-a fellow Coloradan who blogs some seriously yummy recipes; I never thought to make pigs in a blanket using Smart Dogs until I read her post!
8) Bittersweet-Hannah posts some of the most jaw-dropping photos of food I’ve ever seen. Oh and her recipes are pretty good too.
9) FatFree Vegan Kitchen-Loads of healthy, filling recipes that don’t use refined fats.
10) Turning VEGANese-a fellow blogger on the path to veganism. Sometimes it really is about the journey and not the destination.
11) Keepin’ it Kind-More awesome vegan recipes, plus restaurant review of the Los Angeles area. Great guide if you are in the area and need vegan restaurant options.
12) Vegan Beauty Review-I love checking out other cruelty-free review blogs. You never know what products you might stumble upon!
13) Ricky Gervais…Obviously-I’ve mentioned my love for Mr. Gervais before but I’m a bit sad that he won’t be doing a 4th season the The Ricky Gervais Show. Still, he’s a vegetarian and adamant supporter of animal rights, so he’s alright in my books.
14) Jennifer M. Eaton-One random fact I have not told you (until now) is that I have always, ALWAYS, wanted to be a writer. I wrote a sh*t ton of silly stories in elementary and middle school and I relished every essay I wrote in advanced placement English in high school. Jennifer’s site is a great place for aspiring writers to learn what it takes to become a published author.
15) Sexy Tofu-A blog about vegan food and sex. Yeah, you read that right.
Whew! I hope I did justice to the blogs I nominated; I probably could have written a paragraph about how great each one is. Please check them out and make sure to come back to visit me later in the week when I get back to the reviews!